10 Tips to Protect Your Skin From the Sun
Even with all this rain, summer has come roaring in with plenty of sunshine! Here at VCI Med Spa, we want to make sure that you are prepared to protect yourself from harmful rays and sunburn. Here are 10 tips to protect your skin from the sun:
1. Use sunscreen every day, even if it’s cloudy.
2. Apply at least one ounce of sunscreen (enough to fill a shot glass) at least 15 to 30 minutes before going outside. Also use a lip balm or lipstick that contains sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30.
3. Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB radiation. Make sure it is water resistant and has a SPF of 30 or higher. You need both of these elements to be protected against sunburn and skin cancer. Physical and mineral sunscreen are important for full protection.
4. It’s not just one-and done. Reapply sunscreen every two hours. Reapply every hour if you are swimming or sweating.
5. Be extra careful around water and sand. These surfaces reflect and intensify the damaging rays of the sun, which increase your chance of getting a sunburn.
6. Keep babies younger than 6 months completely covered and in the shade.
7. Limit the amount of time you’re in the sun between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM, when the sun’s rays are most intense. Practice the shadow rule: if your shadow is shorter than you are, the sun’s rays are at their strongest, and you should find shade.
8. If possible, wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants. Dark clothing with tightly woven fabric blocks more sun than white or loosely woven fabrics. For additional protection, look for clothes made with special sun-protective materials.
9. Accessorize with a hat that shades your face, neck, and ears and add a pair of sunglasses. Sunglasses with lenses that have 99% to 100% UV absorption provide optimal protection for the eyes and the surrounding skin.
10. Be even more cautious if you are taking medications that may make you more sensitive to the sun. Check the label and warnings on any antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, anti fungal, blood pressure medications, or chemotherapies you may be using.
VCI Med Spa carries a wide variety highest quality sunscreens from Elta MD. Visit today to try our face and body lotions.
Spring here at the Med Spa has been exciting thus far, as we are continuing to add to our menu of services, including micro-needling and IV infusion therapy.
Micro-needling with exosomes is now available at the introductory price of $750 per treatment (regularly $900) Our staff has been enjoying our time with expert aestheticians showing us tips and tricks for the best treatments!
Micro-needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment with minimal downtime and little to no pain. It can improve skin laxity, minimize the appearance of scars, improve skin tone and texture. This treatment can be used on face and body.
Exosomes are applied after micro-needling treatment to decrease inflammation and hasten healing time. They will visibly make the skin appear firmed and more youthful, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, hydrate and nourish the skin, decrease the appearance of age-related pigment and promote a more radiant, evenly toned complexion.
The best part is that a skin rejuvenation journey can continue into the summer without concerns about sun exposure after your treatment.
IV Infusion therapy is here! Come on into our relaxing and tranquil environment for a hydrating 45-minute infusion. We offer formulas for basic hydration, immunity and energy as well as hair and nail growth. Our expert nurses will gently insert your IV and you can relax or nap during your treatment. Pamper yourself and pair it with one of our signature facials, such as our spring feature, Rose Facial. This is truly self-care!
Book your appointment now by calling 815-799-4455 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you welcome spring at VCI Med Spa!
Leave a Reply